Residential Roofing in Colorado
As you begin your research for a roofing contractor, there are several important factors to keep in mind. We want you to be properly prepared and educated before you start. We know that the more you know, the more likely you are to choose Colorado Roofing for your roofing project.
Helpful Tips Before Roof Replacement
1. General Liability Insurance Certificate: It is good ito know if your contractor carries general liability insurance for both commercial and residential projects. A sizable contractor will carry no less than $500,000…. and usually around $1,000,000 of coverage. Over three-fourths of Denver Area Roofing Companies do not carry proper insurance coverage to protect you against potential losses due to roof replacement.
2. Arbitration Statement In Contract: Ask to see the arbitration statement in your contract. If complaints arise, the roofer agrees to settle disputes through binding arbitration. Without this agreement, you have no recourse.
3. Current References: All reputable roofers carry pre-printed lists of references…
4. Association Certificates of Good Standing: Belonging to trade associations implies some quality and ethical integrity on the part of the contractor. Associations like the National Roofing Contractor Association as well as the Better Business Bureau are often referenced.
5. Use Only Major Roofing Manufacturer’s Certified and Authorized companies, like Colorado Roofing, to install your roof system.
6. Quality Inspection Checklist and Walk through – Ask to review their Quality Inspection Checklist.
We hope this list will give you the knowledge you need to find the best contractor for your roofing project.
Roof leaks can be caused by many different things. Storm damage from hail, tree damage from falling limbs, damage by people walking on your roof, old worn out shingles, cracked and sun damaged shingles…the list goes on and on. However, 90% of all roof leaks are caused by improper installation or by defective metal flashing. Rarely does the actual roofing product fail. Flashing is found near any roof penetration area such as chimney areas, step, apron and valley areas where roof angles join together. During a roof repair, it is necessary to look for any other roof damage that could lead to additional problems. If leaks are not addressed, the structure of your home may be weakened as the building frame continues to be exposed to dampness.
In addition, the poor installation of roof shingles, which are sometimes nailed incorrectly, may need to be addressed. If roof shingles are missing, these will need to be replaced also.
Clogged downspouts create many roof and gutter related problems, and the extra weight can also cause them to sag or even fall down. Usually downspouts can be cleared by just removing the debris from the gutter, but sometimes a blast of water is needed. For severe clogs you may have to remove the downspout and clean out the impacted material. Most houses have an eave overhang and therefore an overflowing gutter is not a threat to cause water entry into the home, but it can damage the overhang. For houses that do not have an overhang at the roof line, clear gutters and downspouts are even more critical.
Give Us A Call Anytime
Colorado Roofing Repair Services are here when you need us. If you are within the greater Front Range area and are having issues with a leak or damaged roofing, contact us now.
Do you need an Inspection ?
It’s a good idea to inspect the roof several times during the year, especially in Winter and Spring, and then clear it off as needed. All of the leaves don’t fall at the same time, so one cleaning may not be enough. Many types of roofs can be damaged by inexperienced people walking on them or working from them, and there is the danger of slipping or falling. If roof damage occurs, you are much more likely to develop a leak, so make sure it is an experienced person on your roof.
It is very important that individuals check their roof for needed repairs regularly. Most opt for spring because of the fair weather and due to the fact that spring storms and heavy rains make you think more about your roofs integrity! Our fair weather in the Northglenn Colorado area provides year round opportunities for you to replace or repair your roof, so don’t wait for the problem to cause any damage. Contact us, Denver Colorado #1 Residential Roofing Company, for a free analysis and estimate on repair or replacement.